[Dovecot] Sieve problem with managesieve

Michael Kliewe mkliewe at gmx.de
Thu Nov 11 12:26:46 EET 2010

Hi,

"header :is From"  compares against the whole From: header. You only
want to test the containing email address. See

address
This lets you match on only an address field's email address, not its
associated name. For example, I could send an email as "John Smith" <jsmith at example.com
 >. The test header "From" :is "jsmith at example.com" would be false
because that is not the entire header. But address "From" :is "jsmith at example.com
" would be true because that is the entire address.

Check the RFC and search for "address", there you will find
explanations and examples
http://www.faqs.org/rfcs/rfc3028.html

Michael