[Dovecot] dove 2.0.7 virtual no mails INBOX pop3 /solved

Robert Schetterer robert at schetterer.org
Fri Nov 12 14:23:56 EET 2010

Am 12.11.2010 13:12, schrieb Henrique Fernandes:
> I am not sure but have you read the Virtual pop3 section ?
>
> http://wiki2.dovecot.org/Plugins/Virtual
>
> []'sf.rique
>

> On Fri, Nov 12, 2010 at 9:32 AM, Robert Schetterer
> <robert at schetterer.org <mailto:robert at schetterer.org>> wrote:
>
>     Hi Timo,
>
>     i have no mails from INBOX over pop3
>     other folders work ok as well as imap
>

>     like set Virtual POP3 INBOX
>
>     namespace default {
>      # type = private
>      separator = /
>      prefix = ""
>      list = yes
>     #  hidden = no
>      subscriptions = yes
>     }
>
>     namespace virtual {
>      # type = private
>      prefix = "virtual/"
>      separator = /
>     #  location = virtual:/etc/dovecot/virtual:LAYOUT=maildir++
>     location = virtual:/etc/dovecot/virtual
>      hidden = yes
>      list = no
>      subscriptions= no
>     }
>
>     namespace real {
>      # type = private
>      prefix = "RealMails/"
>      separator = /
>      list = no
>      hidden = yes
>     }
>
>     namespace {
>       type = shared
>       separator = /
>       # Mailboxes are visible under "shared/user at domain/"
>       # %%n, %%d and %%u are expanded to the destination user.
>       prefix = "shared/%%u/"
>       #prefix = "shared/%%d/%%u/"
>
>       # Mail location for other users' mailboxes. Note that %variables
>     and ~/
>       # expands to the logged in user's data. %%n, %%d, %%u and %%h expand
>     to the
>       # destination user's data.
>
>       #location = maildir:/usr/local/virtual/%d/%%u/:INDEX=~/shared/%%d/%%u/
>       location = maildir:/usr/local/virtual/%%d/%%u/:INDEX=~/shared/%%d/%%u/
>
>       #Use the default namespace for saving subscriptions.
>       subscriptions = no
>
>       # List the shared/ namespace only if there are visible shared
>     mailboxes.
>       list = children
>       inbox = no
>     }
>
>     /etc/dovecot/virtual/INBOX/dovecot-virtual

> [...]

using this

/etc/dovecot/virtual/.INBOX/dovecot-virtual

RealMails/ << needed this in my setup
RealMails/*
-RealMails/Trash
-RealMails/Trash/*
-RealMails/Sent
-RealMails/Sent/*
-RealMails/Templates
-RealMails/Templates/*
-RealMails/Drafts
-RealMails/Drafts/*
-RealMails/Archives
-RealMails/Archives/*
 unseen

with

namespace virtual {

      prefix = "virtual/"
      separator = /
      location = virtual:/etc/dovecot/virtual:LAYOUT=maildir++
      hidden = yes
      list = no
      subscriptions= no
     }

solved it, to say the truth i am unsure why ( speculate with my
namespace it has to match additional / and /* )
i only testing rare times this feature, so i dont know when it braked
for sure it worked sometime before

--
Best Regards

MfG Robert Schetterer