[Dovecot] Dovecot + vpopmail + shared folders

qmail at top-consulting.net qmail at top-consulting.net
Tue Nov 16 20:16:03 EET 2010

Ok. We are getting closer I believe:

If I run with a hardcoded location, my list "" "*" shows the shared folders:

* LIST (\HasNoChildren) "." "shared.dev1.Sent items"
* LIST (\HasNoChildren) "." "shared.qmail.INBOX"
* LIST (\HasNoChildren) "." "shared.radius.INBOX"

If I run with %%h I don't see the shared. folders and the logs show:

Nov 16 13:07:35 pop dovecot: dict: mysql: Connected to 192.168.1.7 (dovecot)
Nov 16 13:07:35 pop dovecot: IMAP(sheken at top-consulting.net): userdb
lookup: connect(/var/run/dovecot/auth-master) failed: No
such file or directory
Nov 16 13:07:35 pop dovecot: IMAP(sheken at top-consulting.net):
Namespace 'shared.': Could not lookup home for user dev1 at top-con
sulting.net
Nov 16 13:07:35 pop dovecot: IMAP(sheken at top-consulting.net): userdb
lookup: connect(/var/run/dovecot/auth-master) failed: No
such file or directory
Nov 16 13:07:35 pop dovecot: IMAP(sheken at top-consulting.net):
Namespace 'shared.': Could not lookup home for user dev1 at top-con
sulting.net
Nov 16 13:07:35 pop dovecot: IMAP(sheken at top-consulting.net): userdb
lookup: connect(/var/run/dovecot/auth-master) failed: No
such file or directory
Nov 16 13:07:35 pop dovecot: IMAP(sheken at top-consulting.net):
Namespace 'shared.': Could not lookup home for user qmail at top-co
nsulting.net
Nov 16 13:07:35 pop dovecot: IMAP(sheken at top-consulting.net): userdb
lookup: connect(/var/run/dovecot/auth-master) failed: No
such file or directory
Nov 16 13:07:35 pop dovecot: IMAP(sheken at top-consulting.net):
Namespace 'shared.': Could not lookup home for user radius at top-c
onsulting.net
Nov 16 13:07:35 pop dovecot: IMAP(sheken at top-consulting.net): userdb
lookup: connect(/var/run/dovecot/auth-master) failed: No
such file or directory
Nov 16 13:07:35 pop dovecot: IMAP(sheken at top-consulting.net):
Namespace 'shared.': Could not lookup home for user @top-consult
ing.net

Now, for authentication I use the vpopmail module like so:

auth default {
   mechanisms = plain login

   passdb vpopmail {
     args = webmail=192.168.1.4
   }

   userdb vpopmail {
     args = quota_template=quota_rule=*:backend=%q
   }

Thanks!