[Dovecot] lda sieve error using global after sieve script

Tim Traver tt-list at simplenet.com
Fri Nov 19 16:26:56 EET 2010

Hi all,

ok, so I've implemented an after sieve script with the following line
in the plugins area :

sieve_after = /home/mailboxes/sieve/to_spam_folder.sieve

It seems to work ok on some accounts, but then I'm getting the following
error in the deliver error log for many accounts :

Error: sieve: script /home/mailboxes/sieve/to_spam_folder.sieve failed
with unsuccessful implicit keep

here is the script :

require ["fileinto"];
# rule:[Spam and Virus Tag]
if anyof (header :contains "Subject" "[VIRUS-TAG]",
        header :contains "Subject" "[SPAM-TAG]")
{
        fileinto "Spam";
        stop;
}

which is a very basic script that files stuff into the spam folder. I've
checked some of the accounts, and the folder is there, and all appears
to be ok...

I'm not sure if its a compiling error or something, and I'm not sure if
that error message means the message didn't even get delivered anywhere.
it sounds like it gets discarded...does it?

any help would be appreciated.

here is my dovecot -n :

[root at mda1 /local/logs]# dovecot -n
# 2.0.7: /usr/local/etc/dovecot/dovecot.conf
# OS: FreeBSD 7.0-STABLE i386
auth_username_format = %Lu
auth_username_translation = %@
auth_verbose = yes
dotlock_use_excl = yes
first_valid_uid = 100
listen = *
lock_method = dotlock
log_path = /local/logs/dovecot.errors
mail_fsync = always
mail_gid = 100
mail_location = maildir:%h/Maildir
mail_nfs_index = yes
mail_nfs_storage = yes
mail_uid = 100
managesieve_notify_capability = mailto
managesieve_sieve_capability = fileinto reject envelope
encoded-character vacation subaddress comparator-i;ascii-numeric
relational regex imap4flags copy include variables body enotify
environment mailbox date imapflags notify
mmap_disable = yes
passdb {
  args = /bin/checkpassword_dovecot_auth
  driver = checkpassword
}
plugin {
  quota = maildir
  sieve = ~/.dovecot.sieve
  sieve_after = /home/mailboxes/sieve/to_spam_folder.sieve
  sieve_dir = ~/Maildir/sieve
  sieve_extensions = +notify +imapflags
}
protocols = none
quota_full_tempfail = yes
service auth {
  unix_listener auth-userdb {
    group = sn
    mode = 0600
    user = sn
  }
}
ssl = no
ssl_cert = </etc/ssl/certs/dovecot.pem
ssl_key = </etc/ssl/private/dovecot.pem
userdb {
  driver = prefetch
}
userdb {
  args = /bin/checkpassword_dovecot_deliver
  driver = checkpassword
}
verbose_proctitle = yes
protocol lda {
  info_log_path = /local/logs/dovecot-deliver.log
  log_path = /local/logs/dovecot-deliver-errors.log
  mail_plugins = quota sieve
}
protocol imap {
  mail_plugins = quota imap_quota
}
protocol sieve {
  managesieve_sieve_capability = comparator-i;ascii-numeric fileinto
reject vacation imapflags notify include envelope body relational regex
subaddress copy
}
protocol pop3 {
  pop3_client_workarounds = outlook-no-nuls oe-ns-eoh
}