[Dovecot] Quota on unlimited mailboxes

Tim Traver tt-list at simplenet.com
Mon Nov 22 09:39:39 EET 2010

Hi all,

ok, I implemented the feature to allow 100 more MB in the trash, and it
appears to work for accounts that have a standard quota, but it appears
it doesn't work with an account that comes back with a 0 quota (meaning
unlimited).

So, I seemed to have fixed one issue, but then on accounts that have an
unlimited quota, I now cannot even move items to the trash.

Help!

So, here's the situation. I now have some accounts that have much more
than 100Mb in them with an unlimited quota level (ie 0S in the
maildirsize file), and I can't simply delete a message now...

here's my dovecot -n again if its needed :

# 2.0.7: /usr/local/etc/dovecot/dovecot.conf
# OS: FreeBSD 8.1-STABLE i386
auth_username_format = %Lu
auth_username_translation = %@
auth_verbose = yes
disable_plaintext_auth = no
dotlock_use_excl = yes
first_valid_uid = 100
listen = *
lock_method = dotlock
log_path = /local/logs/dovecot.errors
mail_fsync = always
mail_gid = 100
mail_location = maildir:%h/Maildir
mail_nfs_index = yes
mail_nfs_storage = yes
mail_plugins = " quota"
mail_uid = 100
managesieve_notify_capability = mailto
managesieve_sieve_capability = fileinto reject envelope
encoded-character vacation subaddress comparator-i;ascii-numeric
relational regex imap4flags copy include variables body enotify
environment mailbox date imapflags notify
mmap_disable = yes
passdb {
  args = /bin/checkpassword_dovecot_auth
  driver = checkpassword
}
plugin {
  quota = maildir:User quota
  quota_rule = Trash:storage=+100M
  sieve = ~/.dovecot.sieve
  sieve_after = /home/mailboxes/sieve/to_spam_folder.sieve
  sieve_dir = ~/Maildir/sieve
  sieve_extensions = +notify +imapflags
}
protocols = imap pop3 sieve
service auth {
  unix_listener auth-userdb {
    group = sn
    mode = 0600
    user = sn
  }
}
ssl_cert = </etc/ssl/certs/dovecot.pem
ssl_key = </etc/ssl/private/dovecot.pem
userdb {
  driver = prefetch
}
userdb {
  args = /bin/checkpassword_dovecot_deliver
  driver = checkpassword
}
verbose_proctitle = yes
protocol pop3 {
  pop3_client_workarounds = outlook-no-nuls oe-ns-eoh
}
protocol lda {
  info_log_path = /local/logs/dovecot-deliver.log
  log_path = /local/logs/dovecot-deliver-errors.log
  mail_plugins = " quota sieve"
}
protocol imap {
  mail_plugins = " quota imap_quota"
}
protocol sieve {
  managesieve_sieve_capability = comparator-i;ascii-numeric fileinto
reject vacation imap4flags notify include envelope body relational regex
subaddress copy
}