[Dovecot] doveadm purge output

Daniel L. Miller dmiller at amfes.com
Tue Nov 23 07:54:55 EET 2010

Running "doveadm purge" with both -D and -v parms, and both -A and -u
options, I don't see much in the way of output.

doveadm -v purge -u username just returns with no output
doveadm -v purge -A returns no output for most users - for my own
mailbox it yields "20 / 21"

-D returns the same, along with messages about skipping plugin modules.

Is this normal?  I'm thinking not - since after deleting messages in the
client, emptying the trash, compacting from the client, and then
performing a purge - I see no difference in mailbox files.
--
Daniel