[Dovecot] Doveadm

Timo Sirainen tss at iki.fi
Tue Nov 23 18:50:06 EET 2010

On Tue, 2010-11-23 at 13:54 -0200, Alex Baule wrote:
> I'm Folling the Wiki, with say if put -8 , give the name in UTF-8, so i put
> it here too.
>
> if was doing with doveadm it' be something like that:
>
> root at brc:~ # doveadm mailbox list -8 -u alex at exemplo.com.br

You still need to give the "-" character for doveadm-server too. Giving
"8" without the "-" works the same in doveadm command line: it'll list
mailboxes matching pattern "8". It makes more sense if you give e.g.
"mailbox list foo*" which lists all mailboxes beginning with "foo".

And anyway, -8 is the default, so it's not necessary to give it.

> I was trying to import too , using the doveadm command line, but i can
> import exactly the same struct to my maildir in dovecot.
>
> something like this:
>
> doveadm -Dv import -u alex at exemplo.com.br maildir:/root/Maildir <FOLDER
> DEST> all
>
> The <FOLDER DEST> can't be the Maildir root dir, to be the exactly copy from
> source Maildir.

I think you can give "" as the <folder dest>?