[Dovecot] change subject with dovecot+sieve

Timo Sirainen tss at iki.fi
Tue Nov 23 19:24:15 EET 2010

On Tue, 2010-11-23 at 18:05 +0100, Esteban Torres Rodríguez wrote:
> I'm using to make the filter sieve and would like to reject filter and
> change the subject of emails that filter.
>
> I have created the filter and it works correctly, but reject comes with the
> following subject: "Mail Delivery Subsystem"
>
> How I can do?

You didn't mention what Dovecot version. That should be the From: field.
Depending on what Sieve you use the Subject: should be different.

But anyway.. looking at the current Pigeonhole code, it doesn't look
like it uses LDA's rejection_subject or rejection_reason settings at
all. Stephan, can you add support for those? Or is there a reason why
you can't use mail_send_rejection()? Maybe those APIs could be changed
to avoid all of this code duplication..