[Dovecot] two mailboxes - sieve?

Egbert Jan van den Bussche egbert at vandenbussche.nl
Tue Nov 23 21:04:43 EET 2010

Hi helpful list!

I have this user that has two different accounts om the mail server. One
is a system account, the other is a virtual account (for what it is
worth...). This user would like to have all his email to the virtual
mail box (maildir format) automatically moved (or delivered) to the
system mailbox (also maildir fornat). Both are on the same machine and
use the same postfix/dovecot installation. Something tells me that I
might need the sieve plugin for lda here since dovecot is the local
delivery transport. I have no knowledge whatsoever about sieve or its
scripting. What do I need to o apart from enabling the sieve plugin in
dovecot.conf?
Or is there another simple solution for this problem directly in Postfix
or with fetchmail? A simple working example would be wonderful!

TIA
Egbert Jan (NL)