[Dovecot] IMAP aggregation and MUPDATE protocolo

Timo Sirainen tss at iki.fi
Wed Nov 24 18:10:29 EET 2010

(Second time already within a few days when I accidentally hit reply rather than reply-to-all and then wonder why the message isn't showing up.)

On 24.11.2010, at 14.16, Ernesto Revilla Derksen wrote:

> We're trying to find a solutions for aggregating data from several
> backends which are:
> * normal mail IMAP
> * repositories like Alfresco which offer an IMAP view for repository documents

I'm planning on implementing "IMAP client" backend for lib-storage, which means you could create namespaces that are proxied to remote IMAP server. Or even make Dovecot act as a caching IMAP proxy for your real IMAP server.

> * issue trackers (issue + attachmentes + timeline)

I guess it could be possible to implement lib-storage backend for these too. :) Or maybe create some new simpler protocol that you can easily implement for them, and then create a lib-storage backend for that.