[Dovecot] mdbox nightly cronjob

Timo Sirainen tss at iki.fi
Wed Nov 24 19:56:20 EET 2010

On 24.11.2010, at 2.29, Daniel L. Miller wrote:

> Is 'doveadm expunge -A ALL DELETED' a "safe" command to issue prior to a 'doveadm purge -A'?

The "all" part isn't useful there. Also I think you need to add "mailbox '*'" parameter there to make doveadm happy.

Anyway, I wouldn't run that command. Do you really have problems with the deleted messages not getting expunged? This isn't a mdbox-specific problem, it's the same with all mailbox formats for everyone..