[Dovecot] IMAP aggregation and MUPDATE protocolo

Timo Sirainen tss at iki.fi
Fri Nov 26 18:36:33 EET 2010

On Thu, 2010-11-25 at 00:43 +0100, Ernesto Revilla Derksen wrote:

> Is IMAP aggregation proxying really so difficult? I know about the
> problems of COPY (which in some cases in Cyrus-Murder is handled by
> the proxy itself), but don't know if there are any other gotchas.

Are you thinking about simple proxying, so that if you switch to
mailbox1 it would do a connection to server1 which would completely
handle it, so that until next SELECT/EXAMINE is done the proxy would
just do dummy proxying?

Maybe something like that would work, but I'm not very interested in
doing it. Also it would limit some features that could be made available
(e.g. virtual mailboxes wouldn't work with it). There are many more
interesting things that can be done with a smarter proxy.