[Dovecot] v1 ok, v2 not

Alberto alberto.fhd at gmail.com
Fri Oct 1 17:09:35 EEST 2010

hello everybody!

This's my very first post in dovecot. I'm installing a new server for backup
site, with qmail + vpopmail 5.4.32 + dovecot.
Production server, more or less outdated, runs with Couier Imap, but
everybody know the history..
I've been fighting for several days...And no luck with version 2.0.4, 2.0.3
neither.
My first asumption was to review things thousand of times due to newbie
condition...
This morning I've tried version 1.2.14 and voila! , it works perfectly!

The error log with version 2 was the famous unkown user one:

 dovecot: auth: vpopmail(test4 at adomain.com,10.206.16.10): unknown user

test4 user worked perfectly with pop3...

Just FYI, is this can help.

Regards!