[Dovecot] Dovecot v0.99.13-3 upgrade to 1.0.15-2 ??

William Blunn bill+dovecot at blunn.org
Fri Oct 1 17:49:12 EEST 2010

On 30/09/2010 22:17, cajun wrote:
> I've read some of the mailing lists looking for information on this.
> Thus far, about all I've found is there was a complete rewrite of
> Dovecot some time back.
>
> I'm wondering now is it even possible to use the same mbox's from
> 0.99.13-3 with version 1.0.15-2? Is there a procedure documented
> somewhere?
>
> Any pointers would be much appreciated.

If you have picked up the issue of upgrading Dovecot, I would

* suggest that you consider going up to version 2.0.4, and

* recommend going for at least version 1.2.x.

Many consider Dovecot versions older than 1.2.x to be somewhat ancient
and as such you may find it difficult to get any help (or at least any
help which doesn't begin with "First upgrade to version 1.2.x or
better") when using version 1.1.x or older.

Bill