[Dovecot] Weird glitches with public folders - Dovecot not using per-user INDEX?

Kádár Tamás (KTamas) ktamas at ktamas.com
Mon Oct 4 13:31:04 EEST 2010

Further investigation shows that the users DOES have indexes and
caches for these problematic folders and dovecot does seem to be using
them:
-rw-rw-rw-    1 someuser mailusers   9496 Oct  1 20:09 dovecot.index
-rw-rw-rw-    1 someuser mailusers 310272 Oct  4 12:16 dovecot.index.cache
-rw-rw-rw-    1 someuser mailusers  30680 Oct  4 12:22 dovecot.index.log

(except, well, instead, changes still happen in the public directory
itself for the \Seen flags.)