[Dovecot] [2.0.5] quota in maildirsize doesn't work with mdbox

interfaSys sàrl interfasys at gmail.com
Mon Oct 4 20:02:10 EEST 2010

 Hello,

I'm using mdbox to store messages and maildirsize to store quotas

I have the following in my dovecot.conf
mail_plugins = quota trash zlib fts fts_squat imap_quota imap_zlib antispam
quota = maildir:User quota
quota_rule = ?:storage=1G
quota_rule2 = Trash:storage=+10%%

I noticed that the quotas were wrong, so I sent myself some emails in
hope of seeing the ratio change to the correct values, but the amount of
used space changed to the total of what was just received, not the total
of what was in the mailbox.

So I tried to recalculate the quota using doveadm quota recalc, but it
didn't help, instead of recalculating the amount of used space, it just
wrote 0 0 to maildirsize.

Do I have a config problem or is someting broken in Dovecot?

Cheers,

Olivier