[Dovecot] User authentication fields size limit

Andre Nathan andre at digirati.com.br
Wed Oct 6 21:40:47 EEST 2010

Hello

I'm using authentication via SQL, and I'm storing the full mail_location
in the database. This is a long string because we're using multiple
partitions and hashing to create this path. It looks like this:

# doveadm user andre=sneakymustard.com
userdb: andre=sneakymustard.com
  password  : $1$ixW87UeD$fLhORaJS0c5wNFmWqfJdI1
  mail      :
mdbox:/var/spool/imap/partition7/11/andre=sneakymustard.com:INDEX=/var/lib/imap/user/11/andre=sneakymustard.com
  quota_rule: *:bytes=1024M

Depending on the user's email, this string can be even longer. What I've
noticed is that it is truncated when it reaches 128 bytes.

Could this size limit be increased?

Thanks,
Andre