[Dovecot] Pigeonhole feature request: automatically copy sieve_global_path (default script) to user's sieve_dir

Stephan Bosch stephan at rename-it.nl
Wed Oct 13 10:43:54 EEST 2010

  Op 12-10-2010 5:47, Jerrale G schreef:
>  We have used the great managesieve you have merged together, with
> sieve, to create pigeonhole. However, when a user creates a custom
> script through a GUI of ours, the default, as we expected, would be
> ignored. Maybe you could add a retain_sieve_global=yes|no setting OR
> be more complex by having the sieve_global_dir copied to the users
> sieve_dir on first managesieve script save, if another setting to do
> this was set to yes. This way the administrators can create a skeleton
> directory and the users can retain the default skeleton settings.
You could put the sieve directory with the default script in your
skeleton. I'm not sure though what you need exactly.

> Maybe, in the future, you can do, just like the master auth for
> logging into users' imap accounts, you could have the master=yes allow
> login to each user's managesieve.

Haven't tested, but this should already work for ManageSieve I believe.

> Just some suggestions but, until a new feature comes around, I will
> have a cron job or a imap-login script do the trick.

Well, post-login scripting should also work for ManageSieve:

http://wiki2.dovecot.org/PostLoginScripting

Regards,

Stephan.