[Dovecot] Limit access to dovecot by domains?

William Blunn bill+dovecot at blunn.org
Wed Oct 13 11:23:43 EEST 2010

On 13/10/2010 08:08, Jobst Schmalenbach wrote:
> Is there any way to limit access to dovecot by domains.
>
> I only need to give access to a well known set of domains, all from
> Australia and all networks are known and used either from people at
> home or mobile access (phones, laptops etc).

Have you considered using "fail2ban" ?

This should then block calling IP addresses based on the suspiciousness
of the activity originating from those addresses.

Also it should mean you wouldn't need to keep housekeeping the list of
allowed networks. So people using networks you hadn't thought of, or
people travelling abroad, would still be able to get access without
having to bother you.

In addition it should cover the case of black hats operating out of (or
bouncing activity through) your semi-trusted list
{optusnet,bigpond,tpg}.com.au.

Bill