[Dovecot] Samba4 Active Directory and Doveadm

Timo Sirainen tss at iki.fi
Fri Oct 15 15:22:22 EEST 2010

On Fri, 2010-10-15 at 06:14 -0600, Trever L. Adams wrote:
> > mail_home = /home/vmail/%d/%n
> I actually have that as well.
..
> Is there some global option like mail_location for homedirectory? That
> is one I am not finding one with google or with grep in the configuration.

That's exactly what the mail_home is. I don't know why it wouldn't work
for you.

> > So all in all, your user_attrs could probably just be empty and you
> > should probably remove userdb ldap completely from your config to avoid
> > unnecessary userdb lookups.
> I have done this as well. The problem with removing all of this is I use
> Dovecot's deliver (LDA). It needs a way of finding which users do and do
> not exist. Is there a better way to do this?

Assuming you're not using auth_bind=yes with ldap, LDA can check the
user's existence by doing a passdb lookup instead.

> The only problem that is there is this: I need doveadm expunge -A. This
> is where I am having the problem. I guess this doesn't use the user_
> stuff. It uses the iterate_attrs right?

Right.

> > Oct 15 05:48:06 TeaSet dovecot: master: Error: service(auth-worker): child 16375 killed with signal 11 (core dumps disabled)

Can you get a gdb backtrace? First enable core dumps with "ulimit -c
unlimited" and once you have core file see
http://dovecot.org/bugreport.html

Also:

> iterate_attrs = uid=samaccountname

this should be: