[Dovecot] Samba4 Active Directory and Doveadm

Timo Sirainen tss at iki.fi
Fri Oct 15 17:56:44 EEST 2010

On Fri, 2010-10-15 at 08:20 -0600, Trever L. Adams wrote:
>  dovecot: auth: Debug: ldap(?): result: sAMAccountName(user)=SOME_USER1
>  dovecot: auth: Debug: ldap(?): result: sAMAccountName(user)=SOME_USER2
>  dovecot: auth: Debug: ldap(?): result: sAMAccountName(user)=...

These are the iterate results.

> dovecot: auth: Debug: master in: USER#0112#011root#011service=doveadm
>  dovecot: auth: Debug: passwd(root): lookup

Here it shows it's doing a passwd lookup for user root and

>  dovecot: auth: Debug: passwd(bin): lookup

for bin. So is the problem simply that you haven't removed userdb passwd
from your config file, and it's now using both ldap and passwd?

> If I have a auth_default_realm the plain/login users (smart phones and
> the like) cannot connect (via pam_krb5 kerberos method).

Huh? I thought you were using LDAP. And again, logs would show what's
happening.

> Second, using dovecot auth with postfix, kerberos logins do not work.

I don't really know about the GSSAPI stuff. Try asking about it in
another thread with subject mentioning it, maybe someone else notices it
then.

> dovecot: auth: Debug: client out: FAIL#01112
>
> I cannot find the fail codes. What does 01112 mean?

It's not a failure code. It's just a "tag" that is increased for every
lookup.