[Dovecot] dovecot genesis v2.0.X

Dennis Clarke dclarke at blastwave.org
Mon Oct 18 20:41:46 EEST 2010

> On Mon, 2010-10-18 at 09:47 -0700, Jim Pazarena wrote:
>
>> So, my question is, respectfully, is dovecot V2.0.5 stable enough
>> for prime-time on a busy ISP mail server? I'll install it myself
>> independent of the FreeBSD ports tree if so.
>
> It's getting better :) I'll make 2.0.6 release this week again with more
> fixes, but I still have a few bug reports that I haven't managed to
> reproduce.

I'm concerned with the very same question. I currently have 1.2.12 running
very well and I see risk in an upgrade to ver 2.x. Unless of course the
benefits outweigh the risks. I have been carefully watching the ver 2.x
tree rev from week to week and I await the defacto signal from people that
it is in fact at least as solid at 1.2.12, that signal being adoption by
people in busy mail servers.

So therefore I await ver 2.0.6 with a mix of conflicting anticipation and
trepidation. :-)

--
Dennis Clarke
dclarke at opensolaris.ca  <- Email related to the open source Solaris