[Dovecot] Segfault in dovecot-lda 2.0.5

Aaron archive at greenbtn.com
Tue Oct 19 01:43:48 EEST 2010

  On 10/18/2010 3:38 PM, Stephan Bosch wrote:
>  On 10/19/2010 12:25 AM, Aaron wrote:
>>>>

>>> Yes, this was reported several times already. First thread:
>>>
>>> http://www.dovecot.org/list/dovecot/2010-October/053475.html
>>>
>>> Apply this change:
>>>
>>> http://hg.dovecot.org/dovecot-2.0/rev/e2f9baa436f2
>>>
>>> That should fix it.
>>
>> I'm seeing a similar crash when piping in excessively large (7-10mb)
>> emails.  I have already applied the listed change, which fixed this
>> issue with normal sized email.
>
> Could you provide some more info, i.e. a gdb backtrace?
>
> Regards,
>
> Stephan

Ack! Sorry about that, wasn't trying to message you personally, just
wanted to let someone know.

I can't get this to do it reliably, i only noticed it by accident
looking through some logs, and traced it back to some *very* large
incoming emails.

The emails seem to get delivered eventually, but they definitely fail on
the first try.