[Dovecot] dovecot genesis v2.0.X

Odhiambo Washington odhiambo at gmail.com
Tue Oct 19 22:55:05 EEST 2010

On Mon, Oct 18, 2010 at 7:47 PM, Jim Pazarena <dovecot at paz.bz> wrote:

> V2 of dovecot has had the following releases (to recap)
>
> 2.0.0  2010-08-16
> 2.0.1  2010-08-24
> 2.0.2  2010-09-08
> 2.0.3  2010-09-17
> 2.0.4  2010-09-26
> 2.0.5  2010-10-01
>
> I am on FreeBSD, and the port committers want to wait till
> dovecot V2 "stabilizes" prior to adding it to the FreeBSD
> ports base.
>
> So, my question is, respectfully, is dovecot V2.0.5 stable enough
> for prime-time on a busy ISP mail server? I'll install it myself
> independent of the FreeBSD ports tree if so.

I have been using the 2.0 branch on several sites, each having a few hundred
users. Funnily I have never had any negative report from any of the sites.
That could be because I use a pretty standard config without any tweaks.
Sites are using FreeBSD 6.x, 7.x and 8.1-STABLE.

--
Best regards,
Odhiambo WASHINGTON,