[Dovecot] anti-spam+anti-malware suggestions

Stan Hoeppner stan at hardwarefreak.com
Thu Oct 21 11:29:50 EEST 2010

Jose Luis Faria put forth on 10/20/2010 11:20 AM:
> Hello people,
>
> I am using now qmail in cluster with LDAP + Interscan Messaging Security
> Suite from Trendmicro.
>
> I need to develop a new solution with:
>  - postfix
>  - dovecot
>  - anti-spam
>  - anti-malware.
>
> I am thankful any help or suggestion for anti-spam and anti-malware.
>
> Thanks in advance!

This will kill a huge amount of bot spam without dnsbl queries or
greylisting, both of which can be resource hogs and add serious latency:

http://www.hardwarefreak.com/fqrdns.pcre

Use the "everything under smtpd_recipient_restrictions" style of Postfix
main.cf:

/etc/postfix/main.cf

smtpd_recipient_restrictions
	permit_mynetworks
	permit_sasl_authenticated
	reject_unauth_destination
	check_client_access pcre:/etc/postfix/fqrdns.pcre

Ask for assistance on the Postfix users list:
postfix-users at postfix.org

You'll get more expert advice than you will know what to do with. ;)

--
Stan