[Dovecot] 2.0 migration weirdnesses: logs and hang

Kyle Wheeler kyle-dovecot at memoryhole.net
Wed Sep 1 21:21:58 EEST 2010

On Wednesday, September  1 at 06:08 PM, quoth Timo Sirainen:
> On Wed, 2010-08-25 at 15:34 -0500, Kyle Wheeler wrote:
>> Attached. It looks like the rest of the commands in the same packet
>> after mutt told Dovecot that it was "DONE" with IDLE were ignored.
>
> Hmh. I can't seem to find anything wrong with the code. I also tried
> mutt (1.5.20-7ubuntu1) with imap_idle enabled and didn't manage to break
> it.
>
> I did fix a couple of bugs though, but I don't think those fix this
> hang:
> http://hg.dovecot.org/dovecot-2.0/rev/4d9768fd1a55
> http://hg.dovecot.org/dovecot-2.0/rev/c7b351d415d9

Yeah, you're right, they don't fix this hang.

Were you at least able to duplicate the problem by playing back a
similar series of commands? Is there anything else I can do to help
isolate the problem?

~Kyle
--
It is precisely because it is fashionable for Americans to know no
science, even though they may be well educated otherwise, that they so