[Dovecot] [pigeonhole] Libraries not linked correctly

pyther pyther at pyther.net
Thu Sep 2 04:20:34 EEST 2010

  Hello All

I am trying to compile and use pigeonhole and I am experiencing the same
exact problem that is stated here:
http://dovecot.org/pipermail/dovecot/2010-August/051859.htm

[root at mongo dovecot-2.0-pigeonhole-build]# ldd
/usr/lib/dovecot/managesieve-login
linux-gate.so.1 => (0xb777e000)
libdovecot-login.so.0 => not found
libdovecot.so.0 => not found
libc.so.6 => /lib/libc.so.6 (0xb7622000)
/lib/ld-linux.so.2 (0xb777f000)

lt does not seem as if -Wl,-rpath -Wl,/usr/local/lib/dovecot is being
appended to gcc -std=gnu99 -march=i686 -mtune=generic -O2 -pipe -Wall -W
-Wmissing-prototypes -Wmissing-declarations -Wpointer-arith
-Wchar-subscripts -Wformat=2 -Wbad-function-cast -Wstrict-aliasing=2 -o
managesieve-login client.o client-authenticate.o
managesieve-login-settings.o managesieve-proxy.o
../../src/lib-managesieve/libmanagesieve.a -ldovecot-login
-L/usr/lib/dovecot -ldovecot -lrt

^^See: http://dovecot.org/pipermail/dovecot/2010-August/051907.html

However, my lack of programming knowledge and skills prohibit me from
trying to fix this myself.

I am hoping some kind soul would be nice enough to fix it.

Thank you!