[Dovecot] need help with shared mailboxes

alex me at deltaindigo.ro
Mon Sep 6 18:23:19 EEST 2010

I have some problems with setting shared mailboxes . I use dovecot
1.2.11 with following namespaces :

mail_location: maildir:~

namespace:
   type: private
   separator: .
   inbox: yes
   list: yes
   subscriptions: yes
namespace:
   type: private
   separator: .
   prefix: INBOX.
   hidden: yes
   list: no
   subscriptions: yes
namespace:
   type: shared
   separator: .
   prefix: shared.%%n.
   location: maildir:/home/sites/%d/mail/%%n/Maildir/
   list: children

plugin:
   acl: vfile
   acl_shared_dict: proxy::acl

dict:
   acl: mysql:/usr/local/etc/dovecot-share-sql.conf

In the private namespace I use to have only INBOX. space because I have
migrate from courier and I ahave problemes with duplicate folders.

The disk structure looks like :
/home/sites/domain.tld/mail/user(withoutdomain)/Maildir

What I'am trying to do is to give access to a user (user2 at domain.tld)
some other user mailbox (user1 at domain.tld).

in the /home/sites/domain.tld/mail/user1/Maildir I have created a file
dovecot-acl with :

owner lrwstipekxa
user=user2 at domain.tld rl

- in the dovecot-share-sql.conf I have :

connect = host=/var/lib/mysql/mysql.sock dbname=xxxx user=xxx
password=postfixpass
map {
     pattern = shared/shared-boxes/user/$to/$from
     table = user_shares
     value_field = dummy

     fields {
     from_user = $from
     to_user = $to
     }
}

and in the user_share table :

+-------------------+------------------+-------+
| from_user         | to_user          | dummy |
+-------------------+------------------+-------+
| user1 at myhost.ro   | user2 at domain.tld | 1     |
| user1             | user2            | 1     |

(not sure what I need %n or %u)

Now , in TB under the user2 , if I check subscribe , under the shared, I
have a INBOX folder that is always check but nothing else. From what I
understand I suppose to see user1 folders and I think it is something
wrong with my config (namespaces, paths).

If someone have succeeded to configure dovecot with shared mailboxes and
namespaces that use . as separator please help me.

Alex.