[Dovecot] fetchmail and lmtp -> auth crashing

Dirk Heinrichs dirk.heinrichs at altum.de
Wed Sep 8 20:18:57 EEST 2010

Am 08.09.2010 16:04, schrieb Timo Sirainen:
> On Tue, 2010-09-07 at 23:12 +0200, Dirk Heinrichs wrote:
>> (gdb) bt full
>> #0  auth_request_lookup_credentials (request=0x8e12c78, scheme=0x8079acf
>> "",
>
> Fixed the crash: http://hg.dovecot.org/dovecot-2.0/rev/e392f5f65cd8

OK, I've updated debian packages and crash is gone. Thanks.

> But the main problem you have is that you don't have a passdb and your
> userdb is static. So Dovecot can't verify if the user exists or not.

Maybe I misunderstood the docs, but I think I've read somewhere that
static userdb is sufficient if kerberos is used as "passdb".

> Either use a passdb or userdb that can verify user existence, or add
> allow_all_users=yes to userdb static args.

Since this is a test install, I've added this for now. Later I will
switch to LDAP. Mail is delivered now, but into
/var/vmail/user at localhost instead of /var/vmail/user. How do I get rid
of "@localhost"?

Thanks...

	Dirk