[Dovecot] Pigeonhole and Dovecot2 with custom config file

Cassidy Larson alandaluz at gmail.com
Wed Sep 8 20:52:08 EEST 2010

When trying to connect to the managesieve port, I get this twice in the syslog:

dovecot: managesieve-login: Error: auth: connect(login) in directory /
failed: Permission denied (euid=144(<unknown>) egid=144(<unknown>)
missing +x perm: /, euid is not dir owner)

I dont see any options that would pertain to a directory for
'managesieve'.   The plan is to proxy this inbound managesieve request
to a back-end storage server like I'm doing with 1.2.x.

Thanks,

-c