[Dovecot] Sieve problems - compiled script does not get updated

aditsu aditsu at yahoo.com
Sat Sep 11 13:44:06 EEST 2010

Hi, I'm using Dovecot 1.1.7 with sieve and managesieve, and Thunderbird with
the sieve plugin (0.1.10).
Sieve filters are generally working, but I noticed a situation where a
script wrongly remains in effect.

Here's how to reproduce the problem:
- write 2 sieve scripts (in Thunderbird), say A and B, triggered by
different things
- activate script A and send an email that triggers it (so that it gets
compiled)
- change the active script to B (by clicking its "active" icon in the list)
- send an email that triggers B; it will not work
- send an email that triggers A; it will still work

The only way I found to fix it is to hunt down the corresponding
.dovecot.sievec file and delete it (the .dovecot.sieve symlink gets updated
correctly, but .dovecot.sievec doesn't). After deleting it, the correct
script is compiled and executed.

Is this problem fixed in a newer version of dovecot?

Thanks
Adrian