[Dovecot] Dovecot 2.0.2 breakes LMTP delivery for me

Timo Sirainen tss at iki.fi
Mon Sep 13 15:18:33 EEST 2010

On Thu, 2010-09-09 at 22:15 +0000, Fabian Ruff wrote:
> > vmail    32764 99.9  0.0  36400  2612 ?        R    22:40  10:08 dovecot/lmtp

It's looping somewhere forever. It would be useful to know where. Could
you try upgrading again and when it gets back to looping forever, show
the results of:

strace -tt -p `pidof lmtp`

Does it print anything? If it does, show the first 20 lines or
something.

Also, and probably more importantly:

gdb -p `pidof lmtp`
bt full

Unfortunately your binaries are probably stripped so it probably shows
only function names, but that's better than nothing.

> Could there be a regression from the LMTP fixes introduced in 2.0.2?

There is only a single LMTP related change in v2.0.2, and I doubt that's
the cause: http://hg.dovecot.org/dovecot-2.0/rev/7fef89fea00e