[Dovecot] Lost %d variable

Timo Sirainen tss at iki.fi
Mon Sep 13 21:03:19 EEST 2010

On Mon, 2010-09-13 at 12:51 -0400, Aladdin wrote:

> command = /usr/lib/dovecot/deliver
>
> which according to the wiki should work.

Yeah.. It's for system user setups, which means there are no domains.

Because Postfix doesn't add @domain to USER environment.

> 2. Why do the -f and -a switches have to be given?  Aren't those things
> unchanged in the mail header?

If -a isn't given, it's taken from Envelope-To: header. I don't know if
Postfix adds this header.

If -f isn't given, it's taken from Return-Path: header. Postfix adds
this header, so this shouldn't be necessary.

Of course, it's possible that the actual original addresses differ from
what is written to headers (like +ext part could be dropped).