[Dovecot] default ACL - in namespace's mail root directory ?

Per Jessen per at computer.org
Thu Sep 16 18:12:04 EEST 2010

Thomas Leuxner wrote:

> On Thu, Sep 16, 2010 at 08:51:16AM +0200, Per Jessen wrote:
>> I have a namespace like this:
>>
>> namespace {
>>    type = private
>>    separator = /
>>    prefix =
>>    location =

maildir:/var/ferrari/users/%d/%n:INDEX=/var/ferrari/indexes/3/4/%u:CONTROL=/var/ferrari/indexes/3/4/%u

>>    inbox = no
>>    list = yes
>>    subscriptions = yes
>> }
>>
>> Where do I store "dovecot-acl" as the default ACL ?
>
> Based on the assumption this is a current version,

Sorry, yes, this is 2.0.1.

[snip]
> Putting the 'dovecot-acl' inside the maildir root should also work,
> but may require deploying it to new users via some mechanism.

In the above, what is the maildir root?  /var/ferrari/users/?
I've got a global ACL working, but the problem I'm trying to solve is:

/etc/dovecot/acl/<maildir1>
/etc/dovecot/acl/<maildir2>
/etc/dovecot/acl/<maildir3>
/etc/dovecot/acl/<maildir4>

These all say the same: "owner lr".  Every now and then I will be
altering the list of <maildirX>, e.g. add <maildir5> etc.  I would
prefer not to have create /etc/dovecot/acl/<maildir5>, hence I was
looking to use set a default ACL.

/Per Jessen, Zürich