[Dovecot] dsync to move from 1.2 to 2.0

Daniel L. Miller dmiller at amfes.com
Fri Sep 17 04:02:50 EEST 2010

  I'm not certain of the correct syntax for this - and I'm reluctant to
risk my live data by experimenting.  I've setup a 2.0.2 server on a
virtual machine, and I want to copy a live account over to it for
testing.  Not that it should matter, but the 1.2 machine is using
maildir and I want to give sdbox a try on 2.0.2.

I'm assuming (dangerous, I know) I should run dsync on the new 2.0.2
machine, and connect remotely to the 1.2.  If it matters, my usernames
are complete mail addresses, i.e. myname at mydomain.com, and are stored as
/var/mail/domain/name/Maildir.

Does dsync perform an imap connection to the remote server to pull the
mails?  Or am I confusing this with imapsync?
--
Daniel