[Dovecot] Too stupid for sieve (former maildrop user)

Patrick Westenberg pw at wk-serv.de
Sat Sep 18 00:42:11 EEST 2010

Dieter Knopf schrieb:

> One small issue:
> My mail client (kmail) always want to open the INBOX.dovecot.sieve
> (because there is a .dovecot.sieve file for the filter). (Client show
> it as dovecot/sieve folder)
>
> Is there a way to hide this?

I never had this problem because I use home directories.

User specific sieve files are placed in the home directories while
mails are stored in the given mail_location (can be a subdirectory
of the home directory)

mail_location = mdbox:~/mdbox

endeavour:/var/mail/example.com/mail# ls -la
insgesamt 24
drwxr-x---  4 vmail vmail 4096  6. Sep 13:57 .
drwxr-x--- 10 vmail vmail 4096  6. Sep 15:17 ..
-rw-------  1 vmail vmail  452  6. Sep 13:24 .dovecot.sieve.log
-rw-------  1 vmail vmail  189  6. Sep 13:25 .dovecot.svbin
drwx------  4 vmail vmail 4096 11. Sep 01:06 mdbox