[Dovecot] dovecot-2.0.3 - can not upload message, over quota

LEVAI Daniel leva at ecentrum.hu
Sun Sep 19 19:43:25 EEST 2010

Hi!

I've upgraded to 2.0.3 from 1.2, and it is so far so good. I especially
like the new doveadm tool.
I have only one tiny problem:

Every time I try to upload a message to the server (eg. to a 'Sent'
folder, while sending a message), it fails with an error saying I'm over
my quota.
I'm using mutt, and this is the exact message I get in mutt:
[OVERQUOTA] Quota exceeded (mailbox for user is full)

Now this is not true, because dovecot-lda can save message to any of my
folders, and doveadm says I have no quota (which is true):

# doveadm quota get -u <user>
Quota name  Type      Value Limit %
User quota  STORAGE 1075010 -     0
User quota  MESSAGE   26750 -     0

Dovecot logs say nothing about this. Why is that error message then?
(I must admit that I didn't try with another mail client.)

I've tried to recalc the quota with doveadm but no luck.

doveconf -n:
# 2.0.3: /etc/dovecot/dovecot.conf
# OS: OpenBSD 4.7 i386
default_internal_user = _dovecot
default_login_user = _dovenull
dict {
  expire = pgsql:/etc/dovecot/dovecot-sql.conf
}
info_log_path = /var/log/mail/dovecot.info
listen = 127.0.0.1
log_path = /var/log/mail/dovecot.log
mail_location = maildir:~/Maildir/
mail_plugins = quota expire
passdb {
  args = /etc/dovecot/dovecot-sql.conf
  driver = sql
}
plugin {
  expire = sa.* 1
  expire_dict = proxy::expire
  quota = maildir:User quota
  quota_rule = *:storage=100M
  quota_rule2 = Trash:storage=+50M
}
protocols = pop3 imap
userdb {
  driver = prefetch
}
userdb {
  args = /etc/dovecot/dovecot-sql.conf
  driver = sql
}
protocol imap {
  mail_plugins = $mail_plugins imap_quota
}
protocol pop3 {
  mail_plugins = $mail_plugins
  pop3_client_workarounds = outlook-no-nuls oe-ns-eoh
  pop3_uidl_format = %08Xu%08Xv
}
protocol lda {
  deliver_log_format = msgid=%m, from=%f, subject=%s: %$
  mail_plugins = $mail_plugins sieve
  sendmail_path = /usr/local/sbin/sendmail
}

TIA,
Daniel

--