[Dovecot] dovecot-2.0.3 - can not upload message, over quota

Timo Sirainen tss at iki.fi
Mon Sep 20 16:57:06 EEST 2010

On Sun, 2010-09-19 at 18:43 +0200, LEVAI Daniel wrote:

> Every time I try to upload a message to the server (eg. to a 'Sent'
> folder, while sending a message), it fails with an error saying I'm over
> my quota.
>
> Now this is not true, because dovecot-lda can save message to any of my
> folders, and doveadm says I have no quota (which is true):

Well, that's strange, because it's using the exact same code.. Are you
calling dovecot-lda with -d parameter?

> # doveadm quota get -u <user>
> Quota name  Type      Value Limit %
> User quota  STORAGE 1075010 -     0
> User quota  MESSAGE   26750 -     0

I guess it could be possible that Dovecot is treating "unlimited quota"
as "0 bytes of quota", although that behavior should be consistent when
using dovecot-lda too.

> Dovecot logs say nothing about this. Why is that error message then?

Set mail_debug=yes and show what it logs when logging in?