[Dovecot] linking problems of dovecot 2.0.3

Funda Wang fundawang at gmail.com
Tue Sep 21 03:46:28 EEST 2010

plugins are build with LDFLAGS="-Wl,--as-needed", with --no-defined
stripped out. This is done automatically by Mandriva's patch to
libtool.

But for shared libraries, if there are symbols defined in main program
rather than library itself, that means libraries are only likely to
work invoking the program, which is wrong. Because the library should
be called by binary, rather the reverse.