[Dovecot] tags disappear in Thunderbird

Stan Hoeppner stan at hardwarefreak.com
Tue Sep 21 13:39:41 EEST 2010

Daniel Luttermann put forth on 9/21/2010 5:02 AM:

> I would also use maildir for all mailboxes instead of mbox for
> inbox...

Do you have technical justification for this recommendation, or is this
merely "personal preference"?  If both exist on NFS storage in a Dovecot
cluster environment I would tend to agree due to potential locking and
caching issues.  Regarding local storage I don't see how there would be
much, if any, of an operational difference, performance or otherwise.

I'm not calling BS here, but asking for solid technical reasoning behind
the recommendation.

--
Stan