[Dovecot] Dovecot pop3 segfault problems

enid vx enidv11 at gmail.com
Tue Sep 21 18:04:24 EEST 2010

On Tue, Sep 21, 2010 at 4:19 PM, Charles Marcus
<CMarcus at media-brokers.com>wrote:

> Hi Enid,
>
> Please don't top-post...
>
> On 2010-09-21 10:13 AM, enid vx <enidv11 at gmail.com> wrote:
> > On Tue, Sep 21, 2010 at 2:26 PM, Charles Marcus wrote:
> >> Your first task is to upgrade. 1.0rc15 is way too old and just plain
> >> unsupported.
> >>
> >> If you must upgrade the entire OS, it is now time to do so.
>
> > I did upgrade (with some difficulties because the server is in
> > production) with the tar.gz version 2.0.3 but although these messages
> > keep repeating. Is this problem related with the Dovecot sw or
> > related with the OS or server HW?
>
> Now it is time to provide actual log entries exhibiting the problem, as
> well as config details (output of doveconf -n for starters)... :)
>
> --

The problem is happening with imap also but at lower rate.
The output of doveconf -n:

# 2.0.3: /usr/local/etc/dovecot/dovecot.conf
# OS: Linux 2.6.18-6-amd64 x86_64 Debian 4.0
auth_mechanisms = plain login
default_login_user = dovecot
disable_plaintext_auth = no
mail_location = mbox:~:INBOX=/var/mail/%u
passdb {
  driver = pam
}
ssl_cert = </etc/ssl/certs/dovecot.pem