[Dovecot] Creating 'trash' folder

Jerry dovecot.user at seibercom.net
Thu Sep 23 19:52:29 EEST 2010

On Thu, 23 Sep 2010 18:30:50 +0200
Robert Schetterer <robert at schetterer.org> articulated:

> Am 23.09.2010 18:11, schrieb Jerry:
> > This might well be OT; however, I thought I would ask anyway.
> >
> > Please keep in mind that the IMAP server is Dovecot.
> >
> > I have a friend who uses Becky Internet Mail
>
> whatever this is

Is a Window's based MUA. If you don't know what it is, how can you
pretend to answer any of the rest of this inquiry?

> > <http://www.rimarts.co.jp/becky.htm> on a Windows system. There us
> > an options under the configuration menu in Becky to create the trash
> > folder on the server. It suggest ".trash" for the name. He is aware
> > that I use Dovecot and wanted to know if that would actually work.
> > He claims to have activated that option in Becky; however, the trash
> > folder was never actually created, or at least he was unable to
> > locate it.
> >
> > I was just wondering if anyone had any experience with this sort of
> > thing. I could gather more information, but I doubt that this really
> > has anything to do with Dovecot anyway.
> >

> creating folders is mostly done by the client
> ( what are your logs look like ? )

I don't have logs. As stated, it is not my machine or account. I simply
had a friend who asked if I happened to know. Apparently his ISP or
company, I never bothered to ask which, uses Dovecot.

> but you can also use autocreate plugin

No, I can't.

--
Jerry ✌