[Dovecot] Statistics

Timo Sirainen tss at iki.fi
Tue Sep 28 20:23:26 EEST 2010

On Tue, 2010-09-28 at 11:38 +0200, Pierre wrote:
> # Use statistics to automatically distribute heavy users to different servers
>     * v1.2 can export very detailed statistics via plugin
> >>

> I can't find this "detailed statistics" plugin,

Yeah, the ability is there but the plugin hasn't really been written..

> I only found this:
> http://www.dovecot.org/patches/2.0/stats-plugin.c
>
> But it only seems to add a "stats" IMAP command.

No, that makes it log some statistics about how much CPU and I/O each
IMAP command took. It doesn't work perfectly though, also it doesn't
include those "very detailed statistics" that was mentioned. Still,
maybe it's good enough? Of course, it'll spam your logs quite heavily
since a line is logged for each IMAP command.