[Dovecot] hardlinks deliver not work

Timo Sirainen tss at iki.fi
Mon Apr 4 16:18:05 EEST 2011

On Mon, 2011-04-04 at 14:43 +0200, Arnaud Yonnet wrote:
> hello,
> I try to use the deliver dovecot with hardlinks.
> in command line, it's work with this command
> /usr/lib/dovecot/deliver  -p themail -d user

Yes, it works only when you use the -p parameter.

> when i send mail with postfix. I received the mail for all users but it
> doesn't create hardlinks.
..
>      user=utilisateurmail:utilisateurmail argv=/usr/lib/dovecot/deliver
> -d ${user}

Because there is no -p parameter. You'd need to write a script to do
this. I know some people have done that, but no one's made their script
publicly available.

A far easier solution would be to use Dovecot v2.0 and deliver mails via
LMTP. Then the hard linking happens automatically.