[Dovecot] IMAP Client Not Recieving Email (DoveCot + PostFix + IMAP Client)

Scott Silva ssilva at sgvwater.com
Tue Apr 5 01:48:12 EEST 2011

on 4/1/2011 8:15 PM ShepN spake the following:

>  - Postfix is doing its job sending and receiving email.  It puts the email
> in the unix user mailboxes (MBOX).
>  - My Outlook client is authenticating with DoveCot using IMAP protocol
> without issue.
>
> The Problem:
>
> The mail that is placed my system users mailbox by postfix is not being
> transmitted to my outlook client by dovecot.

<snip>

> I would appreciate any input :)
Dovecot does not transmit anything to your client. Outlook has to go and get it.
Are you sure that the mail is getting delivered into the proper mbox file?
Is the mail set with proper ownership?
Does dovecot have adequate access into the mail store?