[Dovecot] squirrelmail doesn't display share

Eric Broch ebroch at whitehorsetc.com
Tue Apr 5 21:45:15 EEST 2011

Hello list,

I have dovecot 2.0.11 installed on a client's server and Squirrelmail as
the webmail client. I created the share below in dovecot.conf and it
appears in Thunderbird and Outlook but not in Squirrelmail.
What setting do I need to adjust in order for the share to appear in
squirrelmail?

Below are dumps of /etc/dovecot.conf and /etc/squirrelmail/local_config.conf

# dovecot -n
# 2.0.11: /etc/dovecot/dovecot.conf
# OS: Linux 2.6.18-194.32.1.el5 i686 CentOS release 5.5 (Final)
auth_cache_size = 32 M
auth_mechanisms = plain login digest-md5 cram-md5
auth_username_format = %Lu
disable_plaintext_auth = no
first_valid_uid = 89
log_path = /var/log/dovecot.log
login_greeting = Dovecot toaster ready.
namespace {
  inbox = yes
  location =
  prefix = INBOX.
  separator = .
  type = private
}
namespace {
  location = maildir:/home/vpopmail/domains/mydomain.com/shared/projects
  prefix = projects.
  separator = .
  type = shared
}
passdb {
  args = cache_key=%u webmail=127.0.0.1
  driver = vpopmail
}
plugin/quota = maildir
protocols = imap
ssl_cert = </var/qmail/control/servercert.pem
ssl_key = </var/qmail/control/servercert.pem
userdb {
  args = cache_key=%u quota_template=quota_rule=*:backend=%q
  driver = vpopmail
}
protocol imap {
  imap_client_workarounds = delay-newmail
}

# cat config_local.php
<?php
####################
# Local configuration for Qmail Toaster
# configure to suit your requirements
$hide_sm_attributions = true;
$useSendmail = false;
$imap_server_type = 'courier';
$optional_delimiter = '.';
$default_folder_prefix = 'INBOX.';
$show_prefix_option = false;
$show_contain_subfolders_option = false;
$delete_folder = true;
$plugins[] = 'calendar';
$plugins[] = 'notes';
$plugins[] = 'filters';