[Dovecot] Managing public folder ACL files

Jan Phillip Greimann jg at softjury.de
Wed Apr 6 16:05:24 EEST 2011

Hi Keith,

i have the same Problem as you, but in a much smaller variant.

Our user_db is in MySQL, so i define acl_groups in user_db and make many
group-settings for all situations per public folder.

But that could be hard for 1000 folders, so the user must have 1000
group memberships. Okay, some groups could be combined.

I think a global public-folder management would be nice, in example via
ldap or mysql (or in a file). Dovecot reads this and create mail-folders
and acl files for the configuration.

Greetings,
Jan Phillip Greimann