[Dovecot] Dovecot 2.0 config bug with SSL certificate per protocol?

a.smith at ukgrid.net a.smith at ukgrid.net
Fri Apr 8 18:38:10 EEST 2011

Quoting Timo Sirainen <tss at iki.fi>:

dovecot 1.2.

> It's too much trouble to make per-protocol ssl setting work, but it now
> logs a warning about it:
>
> config: Warning: SSL is disabled because global ssl=no, ignoring
> ssl=yes for subsection
>
> (naming the subsection would also be extra work..)

So do the subsection certificates override the certificate set
globally? My config seems to work but could equally be the mail
clients not caring.

Is the error logged by the doveconf command? I didn't notice any
errors when actually starting the daemons. Also might be worth
pointing this out in the documentation, I think I probably missed it
in the errors from doveconf because there were so many!

thanks, Andy.