[Dovecot] Thunderbird 3.1 unable to delete subfolder of Trash under mdbox

William Blunn bill+dovecot at blunn.org
Fri Apr 8 19:07:40 EEST 2011

On 08/04/2011 16:09, Timo Sirainen wrote:
> On Fri, 2011-04-08 at 16:03 +0100, William Blunn wrote:
>> But with the mdbox user, Thunderbird pops up an error:
>>
>> The current command did not succeed. The mail server for account
>> <accountname>  responded: Invalid mailbox name: Trash/foo/.
>
> See if imap_client_workarounds=tb-extra-mailbox-sep solves this.

(1) I have raised a getsatisfaction.com issue on this issue

http://getsatisfaction.com/mozilla_messaging/topics/thunderbird_3_1_9_sends_broken_imap_requests

(2) I was wondering if there would be any win possible by adding
something into that error message like a teeny-tiny URL which pointed to
a page which explained:

* It's a bug in Thunderbird

* The proper solution is to fix Thunderbird

* There is a already a bug raised against Thunderbird <URL to bug>. The
Thunderbird people know it's wrong, but they've just sat on the issue
for three years, doing diddly squat about it

* Go and pester the Thunderbird people. If enough people pester them,
then it might be cheaper for them to fix it than to keep having to field
questions from disgruntled users

* In the meantime, there is a workaround in Dovecot which can be enabled
thus <explanation of how to enable the workaround>

Bill