[Dovecot] restarting director

Timo Sirainen tss at iki.fi
Fri Apr 8 20:51:42 EEST 2011

On Mon, 2011-02-07 at 17:18 -0800, Kelsey Cummings wrote:
> On Fri, Jan 21, 2011 at 08:00:08PM +0200, Timo Sirainen wrote:
> > On Fri, 2011-01-21 at 19:59 +0200, Timo Sirainen wrote:
> >
> > > I can take a look at it, but it would help if you were able to reproduce
> > > the problem.
> >
> > More clearly: Reliably reproduce this in a test setup :)
>
> Timo & Cor, did you guys ever nail this down?  We're looking at
> migration to a director config soon but I'd like to see this resolved
> first.  Anything we can do do help?

If you're still interested and you can (at least sometimes) reproduce
this error:

See if this helps at all:

http://hg.dovecot.org/dovecot-2.0/rev/2b7af3a16521

If not, apply http://hg.dovecot.org/dovecot-2.0/rev/e9139f74c451 and
set:

service director {
  executable = director -D
}

Then gather the error/warning/debug logs from all directors around the
time when it's not working correctly. Be sure that the error and debug
messages go to the same log file so that the message ordering is
preserved.